Tuesday 23 October 2012

Slap my hand... i'm meant to be keeping this blog up to date!!!

So, I started writing the blog as part of the new Cuffe & Taylor strategy for keeping our new website fresh with lots of links across the Internet, and now look at me, almost 2 weeks since my last post... I am now going to make an effort to keep this up to date... promise.

This coupled with my colleagues, Rachel Sharples and her blog www.rachelsharps.blogspot.co.uk and Susan Burns www.susansincontrol.blogspot.co.uk who are keeping their blogs fresh and up to date... so the race is on to be office Blog Supremo!

In my defence I've had a lot on...

Last Tuesday I returned from a trip to LA and was very lucky to be taken out to Claridges in London and had a great meal at Gordon Ramsey's

I love Claridges, we went there last year when we were finalists in the UK Event Awards (for which we got a Highly Commended awards for Lytham Proms!). The hotel is very elegant, yet it doesn't feel stuffy or arrogant .... if you want that kind of atmosphere, go to The Savoy in London, fresh from its renovation it oozes snobbery and bad service (thats a whole other story!)

Anyway, back to Gordon Ramsey's at Claridges... the menu was so nice, decisions, decisions. Having just returned from LA I thought that I would try and stick to a healthy eating regime... well that went out the window.

Here's what I ate...

Pressed foie gras, confit of rabbit and smoked duck with green beans, pickled shimeji and summer truffle

~

Fillet of beef Wellington with prosciutto, Somerset field mushrooms and pommé dauphinoise

~

Cold Valrhona chocolate fondant with poached cherry flambé

Plus they gave us lots of tasting bits between (despite making a conscious decision not to go for the tasting menu!)

Service was ok, and quite modest (and I nearly got my glass of champagne sent flying by the waiter), but all in all a good meal.

I believe that often the lunchtime sitting is on Lastminute.com, so a bargain to be had at certain times of year!

On Wednesday I then ventured to the Showmans Show in Newbury, via what felt like Trains, Planes and Automobiles... finally arriving and doing a whilstle stop tour.

The Showmans Show is great for outdoor events organisers, although I am feeling less need to spend more than half a day there, as most of the suppliers we know well now. In the early days when we were setting up, it really was a great one-stop-shop for everything to do with outdoor events.

I left my colleagues to head to Manchester to see Idina Menzel in concert. She was just simply amazing, and really showed the Manchester audience, why she is a powerhouse of American Musical Theatre. A special mention must go to Bethany Heywood from Manchester, she actually got up to sing 'Take Me For What I Am' from the Musical Rent (of which Idina played the original Broadway Maureen and also the film role)... simply a great moment... take a look at the video... it was a great moment of the night, and something I am sure will spur Bethany on. It was interesting that Idina picked Bethany as all her friends were pointing to her to get up, but Bethany just slouched in her seat... the LESSON here is get up and put yourself forward!!!

So Thursday was back in the office, and a trip back to Manchester for meetings, and Friday... well that was Wigan Mayoral Ball (we were invited by WLCT who manage Haigh Hall where we stage Haigh Hall Live) ... read Susan's Blog for the full story (along with her costume drama).

I was pleased to have a relatively quite weekend, with the exception of Farmageddon... that was hilarious and very scary!!! I won't give too much away, but you MUST visit this place at least once in your lifetime!!!

So from now on I promise to update my BLOG more often
I promise to update my BLOG more often
I promise to update my BLOG more often
I promise to update my BLOG more often
I promise to update my BLOG more often
I promise to update my BLOG more often

P



No comments:

Post a Comment