Monday 8 October 2012

Manners cost nothing!

I'm taking a trip this week to LA to see a very good friend, and the necessary evil of this is air travel! As I'm going to the Showmans Show on my return trip I booked the flights out of Manchester and returning into Heathrow.

I am travelling out on United Airlines, and so far, apart from missing my connection (which was nothing to do with United, but US Immigration queues being sooooo long) I'm quite impressed. I've travelled to the US, a lot over the years, and apart from Virgin Atlantic's Upper Class product (which is supper - and hence the picture of a Virgin 747 at Manchester) I'd say that United Airlines is one of the best transatlantic flights I've done... So this brings me to the point of the post... Manners cost nothing!

The crew on UA101 were simply brilliant, they interacted just the right amount with passengers, and they genuinely seemed to want to help.

It got me thinking to our approach to customers at events. I am proud to say that customer satisfaction is one of our key points. I actually met a women at a wedding on Saturday night who had been to one of my events... She actually had a complaint!!! (I always hate being collared when I'm out about something)... Anyway - the point of her conversation was not the complaint, but how professionally one of the Cuffe & Taylor team dealt with it, and responded. She actually said she didn't expect a response!

Well, that's my rant about manners... Started actually because on my flight from Washington to LA I made an enquiry at the United Airlines gate agent as to the location of my bag (that should have been on the previous flight) only to get a full, snobbish and arrogant reply, all the time whilst she was staring at her computer screen (remember it wasn't my fault I missed the flight)... It seems I wasn't the only one on the receiving end of such bad attitude, I heard her say to another passenger...'why would we sort your bags out - you changed your flight!'

So as I say... 'Manners cost nothing!'

No comments:

Post a Comment